We’ll be updating here as the covid-19 situation continues, to keep you up to date on shop status.
- UK government guidance currently advises that we continue social distancing, take precautions, and minimise going out.
- We have a Covid secure workshop environment so we continue to ship worldwide.
- The courier requires us to book the day before (rather than our usual same day bookings – the reason we’re so quick!)
- That means that if you order on Thursday, it will ship Tuesday, typically, for example.
- I appreciate that this is less than our usual service, however this is to protect Lucy’s and my safety, as well as to reduce trips necessary for the courier. We hope you understand that this is the best way we can balance protecting staff and serving customers.
We continue to use ParcelForce and adding DPD and Royal Mail:
- Within the UK we are seeing minimal delays – we are seeing orders take 1-3 days instead of maximum one.
- PostNord has been extremely difficult throughout the Covid situation so for Sweden and Denmark please be aware that we are now switching to DPD. From our tests this dramatically cuts down shipping time to nearly pre-Covid speeds.
- The couriers are levying us with a significant per kilo surcharge. We have chosen to absorb this cost for now.
- Overall, capacity on all carriers is limited, whether plane, train, truck, or van. This is affecting all carriers and business. Thank you for your understanding and patience – it means a lot to us!
The debacle that is Brexit:
- For EU countries we are shipping via either ParcelForce or DPD..
- For individual customers, charges are reverting to us. This means that individual customers will not be charged additional VAT.
- To order as a business customer please enter your valid VAT number at checkout. This will mean you are charged VAT upon import and can claim it back.
- I want to assure you that we (Kathleen & Lucy) have worked out the safest possible working conditions, without risk of infection for us. We’re maintaining our extremely cautious standards in our workspace and in shipping. Our staff and customer safety are our priorities above all. We each work with no contact – we had one passing meetup a couple weeks ago at a several metre distance! And there is no contact with the courier or other people where our workshop is located.
Thank you as always for your support, particularly during this time. Independent businesses rely on community and trust and we are doing everything we can to keep our working space and conditions safe, and serve our customers.
We will keep you updated on this page with any changes and updates.
Please do also keep an eye out on our Instagram and Facebook for updates and news about products. We have some very exciting news, even amidst this difficult situation.
Please keep safe, and happy weaving.