We’ll be updating here as the covid-19 situation continues, to keep you up to date on shop status.
- UK government guidance currently advises that we continue social distancing, take precautions, and minimise going out.
- In order to reduce time at work, we have chosen to move from daily shipping to two days per week.
To be totally transparent, here’s a summary of the shipping situation:
- Most weeks we are shipping Tuesday and Thursday.
- The courier requires us to book the day before (rather than our usual same day bookings – the reason we’re so quick!)
- That means that if you order on Thursday, it will ship Tuesday, typically, for example.
- I appreciate that this is less than our usual service, however this is to protect Lucy’s and my safety, as well as to reduce trips necessary for the courier. We hope you understand that this is the best way we can balance protecting staff and serving customers.
We continue to use ParcelForce. Shipping updates:
- Within the UK we are seeing minimal delays – we are seeing orders take 1-3 days instead of maximum one.
- We are seeing significant delays to Sweden. No parcels have been lost but are taking quite a long time. Please allow long lead times as PostNord is showing delays.
- We are shipping to the US again. The couriers are levying us with a significant per kilo surcharge. We have chosen to absorb this cost for now.
- Across Europe some shipments have had delays. The majority have been minimal but please do allow extra time.
- Overall, capacity on all carriers is limited, whether plane, train, truck, or van. This is affecting all carriers and business. Thank you for your understanding and patience – it means a lot to us!
- I want to assure you that we (Kathleen & Lucy) have worked out the safest possible working conditions, without risk of infection for us. We’re maintaining our extremely cautious standards in our workspace and in shipping. Our staff and customer safety are our priorities above all. We each work with no contact – we had one passing meetup a couple weeks ago at a several metre distance! And there is no contact with the courier or other people where our workshop is located.
Thank you as always for your support, particularly during this time. Independent businesses rely on community and trust and we are doing everything we can to keep our working space and conditions safe, and serve our customers.
We will keep you updated on this page with any changes and updates.
Please keep safe, and happy weaving.